DubWebFest is a celebration of the storytelling power of the Internet. Uniting digital media and tech worlds, the festival provides a platform for original web series and short form digital content, as TV and Film production professionals gather in Dublin for this unique annual event.
Part of a worldwide network of festivals, DubWebFest is an opportunity for web series and digital content makers to unite for three days to celebrate online storytelling. The festival provides digital storymakers with a unique opportunity to showcase and partake in original screenings, workshops from leading industry professionals and more, as an international audience of digital movers and shakers unite for this unique occasion.
Join us in Dublin in November to celebrate and acknowledge excellent digital content and web series, as we connect industry and audience in a celebration of the digital story.
Sampling of Events at a glance:
- Animation from Australia, Iran and the USA Trailer for Light Sight
- Cazzie David, daughter of Curb Your Enthusiasm’s Larry David new web series “Eighty Sixed”- a comic and insightful look into millennials and their digital-era neuroses
- World Festival Premiere Screening of “Stand Down” a silent short film starring Billy Bob Thornton set to a searing Rock n Roll song of the same name
- Virtual Reality experience,watching a short films via their mobile phones with VR goggles.
- Awards Night Comedy with Lisa Carey ( Laughter Lounge/Electric Picnic Edinburgh Fringe) “So weird she makes me feel normal. Very Funny” David McSavage
- Special guests will include actor/writer/director Phaldut Sharma,(The Office, Eastenders and Gavin & Stacey, Gravity and Children of Men) Phaldut comes to Dublin to present his series “I Gotta be Me”, a comedy/ documentary series about a present day Rat Pack impersonator group, which takes a comic look at the entertainment industry
View the programme details and purchase tickets here